Songbook Series: Blue Monk, Bb Blues
This is our recommended book for your first application of LJI targeting and the development of a specific composition's melodic rhythms.
Blue Monk is a mainstay of the jazz repertoire. The 10 LJI Chromatic Targeting Groups are systematically applied to the melody and its rhythms, guide-tone lines, and root progression.
Included are many fun etudes that combine and summarize the studies into musical solutions that can be used on the gig. Download the Free Sound Files and practice along.
- Available in both convenient e-book format and spiral-bound hard copy
- Clear, concise text
- Available for all instruments/voices
- Free Sound Files
- 61 pages
Choose your instrument
- C Treble clef: guitar, piano, vibes, voice
- C Bass clef: trombone, bass
- B-flat: trumpet, tenor and soprano sax
- E-flat: alto sax
Prefer a printed book? Click here to visit our store at LuLu