Linear Jazz Improvisation: 7th Chords (Book 3)
Book 3 provides additional hands-on exercises to prepare the serious jazz improvisation student for chromatic targeting of reduced melodies—focusing on the 12 LJI 7th Chords in 2 octaves.
Play and sing each 7th chord while learning to chromatically target (embellish) it--and then improvise on that.
In the process of this LJI targeting of 7th chords, thousands of wonderful melodic ideas on octatonic (8-note) pitch collections are revealed.
This is also a great ear training book, since internalizing these essential 7th chord types will greatly advance your improvisational language.
Download the Free Sound Files and practice with them.
Save 30% by purchasing Books 1, 2, 3 and LJI Blue Monk in the LJI Combo, a convenient all-in-one download (see store).
- Available in both convenient e-book format and spiral-bound hard copy
- Clear, concise text
- Over 130 exercises
- Available in 4 keys, for all instruments/voices
- Free Sound Files
- 83 pages
Choose your instrument
- C Treble clef: guitar, piano, vibes, voice
- C Bass clef: trombone, bass
- B-flat: trumpet, tenor and soprano sax
- E-flat: alto sax NB: Eb books are in upper register.
Prefer a printed book? Click here to visit our store at LuLu